Arrangement of Palestinian dialogue with Israel is facing many problems in Palestinian society. The long conflict and the extension of the conflict to actually all aspects of the Palestinian life had made the process of dialogue very complicated. Many internal Palestinian problems are connected to the Israeli side. The majority of Palestinians hardly can accept the idea of dialogue with Israel. Adapting the violence as a methodology to achieve freedom from occupation and make interior change in the Palestinian life in all aspects The lack of information that could be interesting for Palestinians about the nature of Israeli society is an additional barrier in front of opening a real dialogue for peace in Palestine.
Many Palestinians think that the real peace building in the Middle East should begin from the internal dialogue in the Palestinian society. All of the interested in dealing with the conflict in this area and looking for building of a civil and democratic Palestinian state are asking for preconditions: Reform, Democracy and Institutionalization. We are in deep believe that reaching this vision we need to start from the grass roots, and mainly from the mainstream ( majority of the people ) in the Palestinian life, Palestinian political society is suffering from many problems that are in need to be resolved for ensuring the successful institutional building in Palestine as a precondition for a successful networking for peace. The main barriers of peace building to which the project will concentrate in are:
- The strong orientation of Palestinian Youth to violence as a way of the conflict resolution in the Middle East.
- The mixing between the concepts of dialogue and normalization.
- The relative absence of communications between Palestinian organizations working on the community level.
- The lack of qualified Palestinian Youth leaders to carry out the dialogue.
- The collection of many Palestinian internal problems, such as:
- There is a corruption within the PA, which impact our political, social, economical and cultural life.
- There is conflict between the Palestinian returnees and the Palestinian inhabitants.
- There is conflict on the leadership between West Bank and Gaza.
- There is a conflict between beneficiaries of peace process (peace industry) with other society sectors.
- There is a Quota mentality within the Palestinian YOUTH Movements.
- There is gap between the young and the old generations of YOUTH movements.
- There is a conflict between secular and fundamental Islamic ideologies.
Project purpose and main goal:
To create a suitable environment for peace among Palestinian YOUTH groups and to prepare qualified Youth leaders to be able to carry out the dialogue process on internal levels.
a) To build the capacity of Youth organizations those are involved in governance and dialogue issues.
b) To qualify the Palestinian Youth leaders to enable them carry out a regional dialogue programs.
c) To disseminate the culture of peace among Palestinian Youth and encouragement the use of violence as a way of conflict resolution.
d) To encourage the public ways of struggle for the freedom.
e) To create of a suitable environment of peace among Palestinian Youth.
f) To contribute in the internal Palestinian conflicts resolution to promote coordination, networking, cooperation, and consultation among the Palestinian cultural centers, and between this sector and the different bodies to facilitate the exchange of information and experience in different fields at the local, regional and international levels.
g) To create new understanding for the need of changes in our society.
h) To enhance the whole institutional building process in our Palestinian society.
i) To provide a conducive atmosphere for dialogue and consensus building in order to form a wider base for policy internal reforms and for improving the political climate in the area.